Friday, December 14, 2007

Get Organized for the New Year

Well, another year is at its end and it is time to think about what we will do differently in 2008.

If you have been following our blog, you may remember that I do not make resolutions; I make promises to myself. Last year my promise was to drink more water. I was successful in doing that and lost a few pounds in the process. This year I will promise to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night, something I cannot remember achieving in my lifetime. I have discovered recently that I do function better with adequate rest and the clincher was when I heard that insufficient sleep causes weight gain. I wonder if I sleep more, if I could eat more without getting fat. No such luck!

What does all this have to do with getting organized? Drinking more water was about setting a measurable goal and creating a schedule for achieving it. That is a basic step in completing any project you undertake whether it is cleaning out a garage or organizing your underwear.

Getting more sleep is about time management. I do not plan to stop doing anything I am currently doing to find that extra hour or two of sleep. So I have to be more efficient in the use of my time. Gaining time to do the things that are important to you is one of the great benefits of improving organization.

January has been declared “Get Organized Month”. Pick a project that helps you improve your organization and find some time to do the things that matter.

Beverly & Kristen
www.KeyTransitions.net

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home